Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 04 - More Arduino and 1 Month Project Initiated






So I moved onto Arduino tutorial part 2 where you work with multiple LEDs. The goal was to get to through the whole tutorial and then mess around and see what can be done with it. So once I completed the circuit, and finished the first program, I then followed on instructions on how to improve it. Then after that I modified it myself and had some fun.

Very interesting to discover that there are only 6 digital pins that allow for analog dimming. The six pins are identifiable with a ~ symbol next to it. For whatever reason they are all not grouped together. Instead its pins 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 11.

The final result was showing 4 different light patterns (technically 5 if you count the blinking separator) each separated by a series of blinking lights. You can check out the videos once they are posted here. Next week I plan to finish more than one tutorial, but I needed to get a leg up on a family project where we all vote on the oscars, and I run a small site for it.

This family oscar voting project always gets improved every year, but only a little bit at a time. So this year I have an advantage and am including it into mustang so I can get some things done that are long overdue. The code is old, and parts were hard-coded due to time constraints. The worst part is its documentation which I also plan to improve, but also I hope to make it much more automatic so that much time no longer needs to be invested into every year.

So this week I read through the existing database and initial pages. I also built new pages to handle the data entry for this years nominees and prepped the tables in the database. The first goal was to handle adding what I call a nominee group. I have this working properly but plan on extending its functionality with new ways of adding the data and checking against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment