Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 01 - Cribbage Board Complete!

Well it's done! For the record there was plenty of time put in on this project. From designing and messing around on the computer, to discovering what the art of staining can and cannot do for me (more time spent here than I can care to mention), to finally doing what it takes to get the job done.

As stated throughout this first project, the board I used to work on wasn't the best made cribbage board ever made. The worst thing about the it was that the holes drilled were completely off in areas in relationship to the lines drawn. Working with what I had, it made it easier to not worry so much and try more than a few ideas to see what does or doesn't work.

In the end I definitely have better ideas for painting other wood crafts I have in the future. I also plan to build my own cribbage board some other time this year, and apply some of my new ideas.

For now, I like the end results for what it is. The board itself is just drying right now from a polyurethane coat. Other than that, I can't wait to use it! The image on the left is the unpainted board, and the image on the right is the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment