Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 02 - Finish Matting Photos

Well I was a bit behind the gun this week and I was pretty much bed-ridden due to situations out of my control. So not being able to move around and being in a lot of pain for most of the weekend really threw me off. The week wasn't much better either as there was simply a lot of things that came up this week.

I have upcoming web work for family to finish, but I just wasn't in the frame of mind to work on it so I rummaged through some of my bins that needed a look through. I stumbled across a series of photos from Costa Rica I had in a show a long time ago. I remember that when I did the show, I ran out of time back then to finish matting them all. I found the pictures and the mattes in pretty good condition, but some of the photos were just starting to show ware around some edges. If they were all matted the way they were supposed to be, this wouldn't be happening - so finally a project found!

I had tons of mattes of different colors and patterns and most were already cut. I think in all I only had to cut 10 for special sized ones. Thank God because aligned the photos in the mattes can eat up a lot of time. I also found plastic sleeves in another bin, which will really help protect them in the future.

I remember the show itself really being a blast, and going through all these photos really took me down memory lane. I was able to finish off all remaining photos with only 2 mattes to spare and I had enough sleeves for every finished matte. I'm very happy I save these photos in time and glad I was able to distract myself this weekend and not think about the pain I was in.

No comments:

Post a Comment