Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 01 - Paint a Cribbage board

So I wanted to keep things simple enough for the first week so I decided to finally paint this cribbage board I got recently. I purposely bought it unpainted so that I can stylize it any way I want.

Most have extremely stark and/or overly loud colors. I wanted something a little bit simpler and natural looking. I get it that the colors help know what line is yours and all that, but seriously this isn't rocket science.

This project might not sound like a lot, but even the time involved designing it add up, as well as now knowing what direction I'm heading in I can see that time is one thing I'll actually need. After editing a photo of the board, it looks like I plan to paint the board by mostly adding layers of stain to it.


The board itself is not the most fanciest one in the world either. The outlines and the holes on the board are all off and that's OK with me. It seems more rustic that way and the stain idea also works well in making it seem less obvious.

That all said here's a picture with the actual cribbage board on the left and the final goal/concept is shown on the right. It doesn't have to be exactly like that but that's the general idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment