Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 06 - Oscar Site continued, Storm Door Installed - and Minecraft!

I've been running behind on updating the blog, but have actually completed week 6 and week 7 projects on time. Here's the details for week 06...

So continuing on the Family's Oscar website, I created the detail entry page finished and working last week, but there is another part of combining the data into groups. This form was originally created last year, but it needed some fixes and a better naming structure. Once I had that working smoothly, I combined both pages together to make it a complete data entry tool page. The "Add Groups" form was on the left, and the "Add Group Details" was added to the right side of the page. This way as one added groups and found data missing you didnt need to go anywhere else; you just add it through the details form right there. After adding additional data the page would reload and re-populate the content on the "Add Groups" select menus showing your newly added info. The response of family adding the data was well received, and no errors or bad data was created upon release. Working without any issues from the getgo is a big win cause now I don't have to fix any data and this form is ready for future additions.

I also helped my friend Pete install a storm door on his front entrance. Those things are always a pain as nothing ever comes assembled. Of course there were issues with the existing door Jam, but nothing a circular & reciprocating saw can't handle. Other than the door Jam issues, we successfully installed the storm door without having to re-fix anything. We measured twice and installed once so YAY! That was a great achievement as well. No more heat loss or cold drafts.

And as a third place mention - I created three new floors in my underwater dome in Minecraft with the one floor being a 32x32x8 room complete with pillars. The other two were 32x32x2. All lit well and I revamped the stairway access. Woot! Thought I would have found more iron ore deposits, but still happy to finally get those levels cleared out. I'm shot so I'll post details tomorrow night on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment